Saturday, July 26, 2008

Back to Work...

Well, it's been almost 3 months since I had a job now, and the funds are running thin, which means, you guessed it! Back to work. I think I'm ready though. It's been so nice to just hang out and catch up with friends and family on the Internet and by phone for the past 2 weeks. I've had a lot of time to think about how much I miss my friends and family. My aim is to try to get home for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and get to California in between the two holidays! Yay!

No, I won't be planting trees again (thank God!) but I will be doing another manual labor job. This one at least sounds a bit more romantic. I'll be picking strawberries in northern Queensland on the Sunshine Coast! It's back-breaking work, and I'll be bending over all day just like the tree planting, but I don't think it will be so bad...plus, I love strawberries! I have a feeling that might change in a couple of weeks. I think it will be a good experience to work on a fruit farm though. It'll probably only last a couple of weeks, and then Mick and I will have enough money to drive across the country to Western Australia...on Vegetable Oil! I'll write a blog about that once the idea develops a bit more, but as of right now, it's a possibility for sure!

I'm not saying I have an exact plan yet, but something along the lines of this is what I'm hoping for: Strawberries for a couple weeks, drive across Australia (taking the Northern route) for a couple of weeks, and then work in a mining town making big bucks for a couple of months. By the end of it all, I should have enough money to come home, visit friends, and travel again! I know, you think I'm crazy, I've heard that before!

Errrr, strawberries.